Saturday, June 19, 2010

The worst spots are the best.

Parking lots are your friends. Why bother looking for the perfect spot when they have plenty of open spots available at the very far end. You should always be looking for ways to increase the amount of energy spent moving.

I'm not a fan of malls. I'm just not that girl. But when I do find myself in a situation where I'm going shopping, either for groceries or in the big box stores, I take advantage of the ample parking in the farthest part of the lot. If it's a big lot, that can be an additional quarter miles you've walked for the day. Also, taking the stairs whenever possible, instead of elevators or escalators, is a great habit to get into.

Find a fucking way to make yourself move more than normal. What is within walking distance from your home? I can walk to a drugstore, coffee shop, grocery store, and a frozen yogurt shop from my house. I take any opportunity to make the walk instead of the drive when going to these places. It's exercise without "working out".

Look for opportunities to walk as much as possible. It's an extra couple minutes of working off what ever asshole lunch you may have consumed. What are you waiting for? FUCKING WALK ALREADY!